Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsible for the daily operation of the front desk and liaising with any area impacting guest service. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities under the direction of the Front Office Manager, to ensure exceptional guest service is achieved: operational support, information distribution, employee training, motivation and recognition
- Prepare scheduling for Front Office Department under supervision of Front Office Manager.
- Prepare payroll for Front Office Department under supervision of Front Office Manager
- Ensure work is completed to include, shift closings, room deposits, refunds and rebates, all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Supervise the operational activities of the front office team within hotel guidelines to provide the highest standard of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit margins.
- Managing same day rooms inventory and Yield Management
- Responding immediately to all emergency situations, complete necessary incident reports, follow up with guests and staff
- Exchanges currency.
- Accepts advance deposits for guests checking in and posts the advance to guests' accounts. • Making change and balancing their bank.
- Knowledge of local area (restaurants, stores, venues, etc.)
- Organize amenities for VIPs
- Pre-arrival outreach to repeat guests and VIPs
- Additional duties as requested by management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Assign, coordinate, and supervise work activities of Guest Experience Agents.
- Assist in training, mentoring, and developing Guest Experience Agents. Prepare staffing schedules, complete payroll, and monitor labor costs by review daily schedule vs. occupancy and daily operational demands.
- Communicating effectively to staff using tools such as; pre-shift briefings, orientation, activities, short take training, and developmental reviews
- Take personal responsibility for correcting Guest’s service problems and creating memorable experiences for our guests.
- Effective use of interdepartmental communication system
- Monitor trends in bookings, guest satisfaction, and other areas.
- Understand and implement company and department procedures, policies, systems, and payroll and inventory management.
- Aware of current events in the community
- Oversee all areas of hotel management in the absence of more senior management.
- Participate in recruitment and selection, as well as regular meetings related to front office functions.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and guest driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
- Flexible and able to work various shifts, ability to work in high pressure situations
Education: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Hospitality Diploma or Degree
2. Two years management experience Knowledge: Hospitality and Customer service. Previous experience with Hotel Management systems is an asset.
Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working with people. This individual must be enthusiastic, punctual, and dedicated to the job.
Physical: Must be able to stand for long periods of time