The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, learn their preferences, answers questions, recommend menu items and prepare and serve beverages and food.
- Welcomes customers, reading and listening to guests/patrons to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders
- Plan drink menus and inform guests/patrons about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses,, and serving beverages to guests/patrons.
- Takes inventory and orders supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked
- Handling cash, credit and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to guests/patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Develop new cocktail recipes
- Adhere to all food safety and quality regulations
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as preparing ingredients and restocking items.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the proper age to purchase/drink alcoholic beverages
- Be aware of surroundings to ensure alcohol is not being served to those impaired or underage
- Additional duties as assigned by management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Maintain a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment
- Answer guests/patrons questions about menu items
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure proper appearance and grooming while on duty
- Ensure to limit wastage and breakage
- Effectively communication with applicable associates using the interdepartmental communication system or in-person REQUIREMENTS:
- Enthusiastic, courteous, attentive and friendly
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol
- Flexible and able to work various shifts, ability to work in high pressure situations Be courteous, professional, and provide efficient service
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 1. High school education or GED
- 2. 6 months bartending experience
- Hospitality and Customer service.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Compliance with all local, state and federal liquor laws
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
- Responsible, punctual, and dedicated to the job.
- Observant and thorough
- Able to deal with a high traffic, high activity environment.
- Understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques License:
- State dependent
- Must be able to move throughout the property with ease
- May also be required to stand, walk, and bend
- Position may also require regular lifting of up to 25 pounds.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform and other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.