The Chief Engineer oversees the property's facilities maintenance function and is responsible for the operation maintenance service and repair of equipment on site. Directs and supervises the Maintenance staff as requested by the Director of Hotel Facilities and General Manager. Directs a team responsible for the maintenance of the building and grounds including renovations, expansions, and improvements.
Exempt managers must customarily and regularly direct the work of at least four full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative, executive, or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time, and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgment more than 50 percent of the time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Develops and implement policies and procedures for receiving and prioritizing requests for maintenance.
- Develops schedules for preventative maintenance and ensure that facilities are inspected regularly to identify current and potential maintenance needs.
- Maintains a detailed preventative maintenance program for all guest rooms.
- Ensures repairs comply with internal policies and external regulations. Maintains records and documentation related to repairs made.
- Leads and directs the work of other associates and has responsibility for personnel actions including hiring performance management and termination.
- Identifies building challenges and resolves them accordingly. Reports and follows up on all ownership requirements.
- Contributes to strategic planning direction and goal setting for the department or function in collaboration with senior management.
- Establishes departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Leads all hotel training & initiatives regarding Fire Life & Safety.
- Maintain inventory of all engineering tools and supplies.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with SIXTY standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform when working (per brand standards).
- Always complies with Sixty Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Schedules needed inspections for the property and collaborates with vendors accordingly.
- Always uses proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other hotel associates.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience including prior management experience.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing electrical HVAC carpentry etc.).
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems, as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjusting or modifying to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understand and clarify the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must have extensive experience with the concepts and principles of one or more related fields or departments.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $75,000.00 - $84,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance