RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
· Must be able to make decisions without consulting with their spouse.
· Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Leads workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs and furnishings throughout the property.
· Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies
· Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards.
· Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
· Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet property demands.
· Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the Team Members.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
· Responsible for overseeing and participating in the Preventative Maintenance program ensuring that all rooms and public space meet standards.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
· Trains and supervises the hourly Engineering staff.
· Reviews Engineering staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Payroll on a timely basis.
· Focuses the Engineering Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
· Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training.
· Responds to employee emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets.
· Keeps M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
· Adheres to budgeted or forecasted expense allotments using proper procedures for all purchases and keeps all necessary items (light bulbs name tags etc.) stocked.
· Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems including extinguishers, smoke alarms etc. to maintain proper safety standards.
· Manages energy expenses and continually works towards energy conservation.
· Ensures that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented and administered.
· Act as emergency contact person
· Perform any other duties as requested by the Director of Facilities and General Manager
· 3 years of related experience in a hotel or resort environment.
- Supervisory experience required.
- May require moderate to proficient skills using Excel Word and other Office programs including Outlook for email.
- OPERA PMS system knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.