Reporting to the Director of Rooms responsible for the daily operations of the front desk and liaising with any area impacting guest service. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to ensure exceptional guest service is achieved. Responsible for running night audit procedures and nightly reports.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the hotel front office.
- Supervise the operational activities of the hotel front desk within hotel guidelines to provide the highest standard of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit margins.
- Assign, coordinate, and supervise work activities of Front Desk Agents.
- Ensure work is completed to include, shift closings, room deposits, refunds and rebates, all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Train and develop Front Desk Agents. Prepare staffing schedules, complete payroll, and monitor labor costs by review daily schedule vs. occupancy and daily operational demands.
- Prepare a shift briefing to communicate activities, short take training, and any problems and/or special information, VIPs, events etc. to the next shift.
- Perform check-in and out procedures.
- Take personal responsibility for correcting Guest’s service problems and creating memorable experiences for our guests.
- Reports guest concerns to appropriate department head and General Manager
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Investigates guest charges to resolve complaints
- Balances cash daily
- Ensures all billing and paperwork is done in accordance with Accounting standards
- Effectively communicates using an interdepartmental communications system
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Overnight Front Desk duties
- Verification and auditing of Hotel Revenues
- Balancing accounts and generating night audit reports
- Verifying all credit card & room charges
- Delegating duties to overnight Guest Experience Agents/Night Auditors as required
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience as Night Auditor is preferred
- Good knowledge of accounting and advanced math skills
- Good knowledge of computers
- Guest service oriented; courteous efficient, professional
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work 5 overnight shifts 11pm – 7:30am weekly
Education: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Hospitality Diploma or Degree
2. Minimum 2 years customer service experience Knowledge: Hospitality or customer service
Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people. Fluent in English, second language a plus Enthusiastic, punctual, and dedicated to the job.
Physical: Must be able to stand for long periods at a time