Responsible for welcoming guests through check in and out of hotel including via a kiosk, receiving payment, correcting account and reservation discrepancies, and creating and canceling reservations. The Security Ambassador will assist guests with social recommendations and reservations as well as with luggage, if requested, and other miscellaneous requests. The Security Ambassador is also responsible for basic security in the hotel.
Check In and Out Services
• Presents and receives completed registration card, assigns rooms, and informs guests of room location and rate.
• Monitors lobby area for security issues including compliance with hotel policies (i.e. wearing masks, etc.)
• Responsible to investigating, in a manner safe to the guests and associates, any possible unruly guests
• Key enters information such as room numbers and messages.
• Files checkout registration cards daily.
• Updates guest accounts and presents checks to guests.
• Corrects inaccuracies and discrepancies on guest accounts.
• Posts charges to guest accounts.
• Completes daily bucket and high balance checks and files check in cards.
• Checks groups and tours in and out.
• Be familiar with the physical layout of the Hotel, including guest rooms and their locations, facilities, and amenities in order to confidently sell Hotel to prospective guests.
• Updates all guest profiles with correct billing information, preferences, special requests, etc.
• Other duties as requested by management.
Other Guest Services
• Reports any guest concerns or comments to the Director of Rooms, Front Office Manager and Assistant Manager.
• Immediately contacts local authorities (police, fire, etc.) if the safety of any guest or associate is in jeopardy, or if any hotel property is being violated
• Takes on the spot reservations.
• Effectively communicate using interdepartmental communication system
• Provides Concierge services to guests when needed
• Investigates guest charges to resolve guest complaints.
• Checks messages and mail
• Book guest reservations for individuals via telephone, email or fax from within the hotel in accordance with Thompson standards and reservations scripts.
• Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues.
• Keep track of guest luggage in the baggage claim area and ensure that luggage is delivered to the appropriate guest room, upon request
• Arrange mail, message and parcel delivery to guest
• Coordinate delivery of services with housekeeping and food and beverage operations to ensure guests enjoy the highest degree of satisfaction during their stay
• Assists guests with transportation needs, as requested
• Balances cash daily.
• Deposits cash in safe and float in safety deposit box.
• Ensures all billing and paperwork is done in accordance with Accounting standards
• Exchanges currency.
• Accepts advance deposits for guests checking in and posts the advance to guests' accounts.
• Making change and balancing their bank.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
• Connects with guests on a daily basis, provides exceptional customer service and creates memorable experiences.
• Handles guest complaints promptly and professionally.
• Reports guest concerns or comments to the Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
• Establish and develop long term customer relationships providing value and profitability
• Enhancing our guests stay by creating a welcoming, upscale atmosphere
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Hospitality Diploma or Degree
2. Minimum 6 months customer service experience
3. Minimum 6 months security experience
Hospitality or customer service
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
Enthusiastic, punctual, and dedicated to the job.
Must have good decision making skills
Must be able to stand for long periods at a time
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform and other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.