• Prepares proposals meeting and specifications.
• Ensures correspondence is benefit oriented, comprehensive, professional, timely, and addresses hotel and client needs.
• Assists GM in an administrative capacity
• Assists DOS book events which are profitable by following up on booking procedures i.e. • getting history, requesting deposits, credit applications etc. and follow up on group’s success while on site and after event for re-booking purposes (within hotel policy).
• Prepares proposals meeting and specifications. • Actively upsells each request to maximum profitability and sales.
• Assists DOS book events which are profitable by following up on booking procedures i.e. getting history, requesting deposits, credit applications etc. and follow up on group’s success while on site and after event for re-booking purposes (within hotel policy).
• Checks production of corporate accounts
• Maintains an updated file of potential and existing clients with detailed information profile about their potential and production
• Maintains an effective trace and follow up system.
• Responds to customer complaints, giving out information and resolving problems. • Prepares and mails contracts and sales kits for clients.
• Ensures continuous inventory of collateral of brochures and other materials for distribution/mailings to guests, tradeshows, etc. and kits set up on an ongoing basis for mailings and walk-ins.
• Other duties as assigned by management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
• Qualifies inquiries prior to forwarding to DOS.
• Conducts site inspections with clients as needed.
• Attends sales meetings and any other meetings as required.
• Assists in entertaining clients as required.
• Attends client/association/company events as required.
• Assists in the handling of telephone and walk-in inquiries.
• Consults with Accounting on billing procedures as required.
• Assists DOS prepare and submits production reports, activity reports, sales trips reports and action plans, and other reports as necessary in a timely manner.
• Participates in trade shows and blitzes as required.
• Initiates mailings to obtain better market saturation.
• Stays current on competition and market place.
• Regularly conducts competitive price shopping to ensure hotel is appropriately price for all season in specific market segments.
• Assists in the preparation of weekly activities and sales call plans outlining activities, proposals and business overall as necessary.
• Assists DOS in organizing monthly/production reports, etc. outlining business signed on plus sales calls, etc.
• Assist with preparation of profit plan, rate plan, forecasting, budgeting and any other reports as required by Management.
• Assist with and facilitates sale policies and procedures, development, enhancing and implementing thereof.
• Enters, edits and cancels bookings in computer as required.
• Checks and prepares show rooms for site inspections on a daily basis based on set criteria and availability.
• Completes Purchase Requests of any required orders.
Education: A minimum of 3 years combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Experience in and administrative office environment.
2. College or university degree.
3. Experience with a variety of office software programs.
Knowledge: Knowledge of general hotel operations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office produce including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher Fluent in English, a second language preferred
Skills: Strong organization skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit or be stationary for long periods of time. Must be able to move up to 25 pounds